Writing Wednesdays #8: The Writer's process

   Today, I thought I would do something lighthearted. We could all use a little humor. Here is a typical writer's process through gifs and short videos. Enjoy this peek into a writer's mind.
*Have the volume on for the videos as that adds to the humor. :) Also, which shows did you recognize?

   The first draft:
Image result for gif of hiccup flying toothless correctly for the first time
   I'm soaring through that first draft. All is going great and those ideas are just flowing out of me

   The reread:
Image result for gif of hiccup flying correctly for the first time
   What did I write?

   First Round of Edits:
Image result for gif of krunk this by all accounts doesn't make any sense
   Okay, time to scrap most of this.

   The Second Draft:
Image result for gif of toothless drawing
   This is better. And my sanity is still in tact. Sort of.

   After a bazillion rereads, edits, and rewrites, I'm done. I've got the draft I approve of.

   Approved Draft



   Now its time to decide. Traditional or Indie (self) publishing.
Image result for gif of decision making

   Congratulations! You're published:

   There's people who love the book and there's people who don't. Then there's the haters. 
   You're response to haters:

Image result for gif of trump fake news

That's about it. Hopefully y'all relate to some of this. This was fun to make. I might do something like this again soon. Let me know in the comment section if you laughed or smiled and which one made you laugh the hardest. God bless y'all and happy writing! 😁

21 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the GIFs you used, Ivie! A lot of it was so accurate...

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love using gifs and clips of shows, but I don't do it often enough. I just had this thought about a writer's process and then I thought, "Why not make something funny, yet relate-able?" (I don't know if I'm spelling that right since my computer says any other spelling is wrong.) I'm glad you liked it. <3

      Delete
  2. Hahahaa...HTTYD though <3 <3 <3 and Trump xD

    You forgot the alphas and betas though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you're right! I don't usually think about alphas and betas much so I guess that's why I forgot.
      Yeah, what inspired me was actually wanting to somehow incorporate toothless. I mean, I just I had to. Then when I was thinking about haters, I was like, "President Trump saying fake news would be perfect."
      Glad you liked it!
      <3

      Delete
  3. hahaha,, XDDD This was so funny!

    You need to do more posts like this with other subjects, I think this a pretty cool idea :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed doing this. I was laughing while doing it. My favorite is Toothless smiling, but also Leo dancing. That was funny to watch on the show and I knew it would be perfect here. XD

      Delete
  4. This was most amusing. XD the one f Hiccup falling out of the sky is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too! I worried this post wouldn't be funny, but I'm glad you liked it. I love HTTYD and I had to incorporate it somewhere.

      Delete
  5. Ha, I love Kronk! For sure that's what a first round of edits looks like. I'm right in the thick of one now. :/ And that smile on Toothless...perfection. Although that only happens on the fourth draft for me.

    Thanks for the morning laugh!

    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it usually takes me longer to be satisfied, too. XD

      Delete
  6. The Donald Trump gif, lol! This post was so true!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that would be perfect. You put all this hard work into writing only for the trolls to come out. So I say FAKE NEWS! XD XD

      Delete
  7. I got a huge kick out of this! Hilarious! Thanks for the laughs and truths!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for liking it. I worried it wouldn't be funny, but this was so fun to make. I had a blast doing it. I'll definitely do more like it soon.

      Delete
  8. OH MY GOSH I LAUGHED SO HARD!! *doubles over laughing* THANK YOU!!!! XD
    (P.S. I can relate mostly, but I've never actually finished a book so.... WAIT A MINUTE! Do non-published short stories for school count?) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. If you want them to count, then they count. Its all up to you, really. :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I think my current WIP is going GREAT, so I'm thinking that it'll be published. XD Yay!
      (Here's a cool song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTUuKOM6cgs
      I don't know if you'll like it, but my family and i love Leeland.)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was trying to think of something funny and realistic. Hopefully I achieved that. :)

      Delete
  10. AHHH!! That was great!! And super funny!! I needed that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worried my sense of humor wan't very funny, but everyone seemed to like it. Plus, who wouldn't laugh at that dancing video? :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Anything crude, vulgar, profane, and unnecessary will be deleted, so keep that in mind as you comment. I reply to every comment, so make sure to come back to see or check that little box that says notify me. Have a wonderful day! <3

Featured Post

I Reached 10,000 Views// Your Questions Answered

*This is super late, but we're going to go with it because life happens and this post took forever to write, so y'all will love ...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe