Tribute to Officer Miguel Moreno

 Image result for police flag  

  On June 29th, a San Antonio police officer was shot in the face and later died at the hospital. His partner, Officer Julio Cavazos was shot in the chin, which ricocheted to his chest. Yet, Officer Cavazos still dragged Officer Moreno to safety.



   You might have heard about this. A lot of Texas has. Many officers from other cities and counties have rallied to help cover calls and be part of the procession that took place July 7, 2017.

   I just wanted to write a tribute because so many officers put themselves in danger everyday to protect us. An officer in New York was also shot execution style and the mayor wasn't there to support the family at the funeral. He was in Europe bashing President Trump.

   I live in Texas, but I'm not stating specifically where. I have heard about Officer Moreno. Most of Texas has. He leaves behind three sisters, a brother, and his parents. His brother is also in law enforcement. 

  Dallas, Texas sent officers to patrol the city of San Antonio so the San Antonio police force could attend the ceremony for Officer Moreno. 

  We need to respect the officers who risk their lives everyday to protect and serve us. Officer Moreno walked up to a man due to robberies in the area. He just wanted to ask questions and it ended with the man shooting the officers first before shooting himself. 

   Please pray for Officer Moreno's family, friends, and fellow officers. This is a sad moment. Pray for the world. We need all the help we can get. America is in turmoil and we all need to turn to Jesus. 

   God bless Texas, America, the police, and God bless y'all. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh my word, that is so sad. My heart gave a twinge reading this post.
    You're right - we should show our gratitude to police officers. They do so much for us, even sacrifice themselves. They PROTECT us. The world may be crazy and dangerous, but without the police force, it would be even more so.
    Your tribute moved me, Ivie, and though I don't live in Texas, I will say a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lila. As disheartening as this post was, I know many cities have come together. Your prayers are appreciated.
      God bless you!

      Delete
  2. That's so sad! There are good cops and bad cops like there are good people and bad people, but the saddest times are when someone dies. God bless them and their family in this time. I hope they knew God and his love before they passed. I hope the shooter came to the Lord in his last moments. I pray they did.
    It hurts to know that this world is denying God. It's hard to see. If only we'd put our lust and hatred behind us and humble ourselves. People ask why there's so much pain, but they don't look at themselves. We look south, not north. It's so sad. :\
    Well, God bless them and I will definitely pray for them and their families.
    God bless you, Ivie. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Whether they were believers or not, I think that's all up to God. It sounds like this man lived a respectful life. Your prayers will be appreciated. The family needs all they prayers they can get.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. Well, the way I look at it, we all live a life that decides our destiny. We live a world of sin, we send ourselves to a place that no one wants to go, but when we live a life of God and redemption, we are accepting God's gift of eternal life. God never intended hell for us, but we send ourselves there. He offers a way to get out of our punishment of Death and receive life, but accepting it is completely up to us.
      I don't want to sounds argumentative or anything, but that's just my opinion. I mean, we can only hope and pray for their souls. The rest is between them and God.
      God Bless. <3

      Delete
  3. This was so tragic. I'll be praying for his family and our beautiful state. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very tragic and I just wanted to bring light to it. Texas is forever my home and I'll always feel connected to stories happening around the state. The prayers will be appreciated by the family, I'm sure. Thank you and God bless you.
      <3

      Delete
  4. This is sad ;( Police officers are so often misunderstood and taken for granted. Thank you for speaking up about it <3

    God Bless

    Anna - www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. It makes me mad how they are treated. I just hope we as a nation open our eyes. <3

      Delete

I have but one rule when it comes to commenting. Don't be messy, but leave good messyges. (If you know where that's from, then you rock. *hands you a virtual rock*)
Thank you for stopping by. I love comments, so leave one for me. <3

The Character Karaoke Tag

I took this tag from Catherine because she said it was free to take. So I did. 😊 Technically you are supposed to thank the person who t...