The Political and Social Series: Part Three


Low Angle View of Flag Against Blue Sky

   In case this is your first time here, I've been doing a series on political and social issues. Today's topic: LGBT+. Here are the first two parts so you can catch up. :)

Part One
Part Two
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six

   Okay, y'all. I know, it's such a surprise that I have something to say about this. *sarcasm*
 
   First off, I want to start by saying I'm not in support of any of the lifestyles that are included in this community. There are actually more letter added, which seems ridiculous to me. As someone who is a Bible believing Christian, I don't condone what these people do and how they choose to live. That being said, sin is equal in God's eyes. I'm not perfect nor am I saying I am better than anyone who is in this community.

   Why do people who live those lifestyles always feel the need to defend themselves even when they aren't being questioned? See, if they were truly confident in the way they were living, they wouldn't be worried about defending themselves. If someone were to attack my faith, I would say my piece and defend God's name. There would be a point where I would realize that I am confident in my faith and I'm not going to change the other person's mind.

   While I don't support people who are LGBTQ+, I also don't think it's right for anyone to condemn them. Only God has a say in that. Far too many Christians love to tell people that they're going to Hell for their sins. Our lives are between us and God.
   People living these lifestyles (yes, it is a lifestyle) are confused. Just recently, I read an article about a guy in the U.K who wears make-up to work. His place of employment is under new management and asked him to remove his make-up, to which he refused. He took to social media, as everyone does nowadays, and went on a rant about how its 2017 and the women at his work wear more make-up. (Maybe because they're women.) This is confusion. No male looks right wearing make-up. Men, you aren't women and you'll never be women, so stop acting like it. Same thing goes for women. You'll never be a man. It doesn't matter what you do.

   We are called to love people no matter what. But do you truly love a person if you don't tell the the truth about what they are doing? Enabling a person to go about life believing what they want is okay isn't love. That's not even respect.

   We need to be honest with ourselves. If we agree with this lifestyle, do we agree because the media thinks its cool, or do we agree because in our hearts, we actually want these people to be doing what they do?

   Some states have said that people living this lifestyle aren't allowed to adopt children. I know that some people think the children grow up fine, but they don't. They're messed up. I'll leave links at the end of the article to other sources.

   You might have seen some videos of grown people talking about growing up in that and how it didn't affect them. But look at their eyes and body language. Words, most times, are useless when action shows otherwise.

   Everyone has a right to their opinion. I could end up getting a lot of hate on here. I will say this: if you don't want to have a productive conversation with me, don't comment. If you want to be rude, I will delete your comment. I want everyone to have the opportunity to speak their minds. Be respectful in the comments below.

   God bless y'all. 😁

Quick warning: Just because I linked the article or video does not mean I support the website as a whole. Thank you.

   Daughter of Lesbian speaks out
   Daughter raised in gay lifestyle speaks out

 

13 comments:

  1. Amen girl, It's so sad how people are discontent with who they are and choose to change themselves. Despite that I agree that we should leave it to God, and not return evil for evil. Though most of the LGBT hate on people who disagree with their lifestyle, I will personally not hate on them for their choices. Rather I will just give the situation into God's hands because there is no use in acting like a child and ranting and yelling, which betrays a lot of insecurity and fragility on the part of these people and anyone in general.I don't speak from inexperience because I know and have even been a confidant & friend of non heterosexual girls and guys. (This being said especially if someone chooses to attack me for my statement and bluntness.)

    Really good article Ivie! <3 God Bless you friend <3

    Anna - www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right. We have to leave it to God. Its about presenting the truth and leaving it up to them and God.

      I'm glad you liked my post. This has been on my heart for a while. :)

      God bless you, too, Anna! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. I think it's great you are brave enough and willing and wanting to tackle a topic like this. Good post. I agree. :)

    Lisa
    thisinkwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It can be hard, but this was something on my heart for a while and I wanted to talk about it. I'm glad you liked the post. :D
      God bless you! <3

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to think of all the people that think they'd rather be a man (when they're women), or rather be a woman (when they are a man). It hurts. I feel like they build walls, and I can't have a way of reaching them and loving on them.
    Now, to start off, I don't agree with being gay or having same sex relationships, or being transgender. If you ever want to be the opposite sex, then there's a identity problem there. There are some parents who just outright tell their kids that they're worthless, that they'd rather have a child of the opposite sex, or that they never wanted their child. It's so hurtful. They might act like they don't really care, but words affect us all more than we show. I bet that a lot of transgenders decide to change themselves to be accepted. It's so sick. It hurts me to believe that people would hate who they really are and try to cover up themselves because of what a parent, friend, etc. has said. It hurts my heart.
    I don't believe in being gay (I love them, but not their lifestyles). Now, having said that, that doesn't mean that I would make fun of them or hurt them purposefully because of it. I've heard of people beating gays up (bullying them also) because of their lifestyle. To me, that is NOT okay. God's heart reaches out to the hurting and I bet that all these people are hurt and scarred because of other people and their words. It hurts me so much.
    I know that all I can do is pray. I need to pray in the spirit when I don't know what to say. God is my judge and he is a fair judge. He never cheats us or robs us of love. He loves us all. I want to love like God. All sin is the same in his eyes and their lives are between them and God. They still have a choice to live right and even though they feel like breaking, they still have a choice to lean on God. He's right there. he's waiting. It hurts that people ignore him. He IS the way and one day we'll all find that out.

    God Bless you, Ivie and your family! <3 (Great post!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made a lot of good points. You're right. I believe it is a mental illness. There is a chemical imbalance in their brain. There have been studies, but of course people ignore the studies.

      God bless you and your family, too! :D

      Delete
    2. I'd love to see those studies, and thanks. :)
      Plus, i mean, being transgender is like putting a costume on. You may dress up as a bear or something, but that doesn't mean you are one. Making yourself look like the opposite gender doesn't make you that gender, or saying you're a girl when you aren't doesn't make you a girl. You are what you are, you can't change that with surgeries, makeup, or short hair. I may say that I'm a cactus. I'm a human girl, I can't be a cactus. All of this is so crazy.
      I think some of these are demonic. I know they are. It's so sad.

      Thanks! =D

      Delete
    3. Yes, this is all kinds of crazy.
      I will try to find some studies and link them in my post above as soon as I can.

      Delete
    4. It is. *sigh*
      Thanks, Ivie. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post, but please don't even get me started on this...*hits publish comment before rant has time to start*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, all rants are welcome if you need to rant. ;)

      Delete
  5. Very good! I mostly agree - such as all sin is sin in God's eyes. And we shouldn't try to defend any of our sin. But we shouldn't turn a bling eye against it (basically if opportunity presents us to communicate with a LGTB+ we should speak God's truth with God's love to them. Notice though, through God. Don't speak it based on our own disgusted feelings. Or anything our own. But of God. Also - so love your () comments on makeup being for men. But I do want to add as a funny note that actors (guys) have to wear makeup in their line of work. Kinda weird when you think of it as you watch a movie and see a really masculine looking guy and think, "Man, he's wearing makeup." Lol. Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When an opportunity presents itself, we should tell them of God. My problem is pushy people who force the Gospel on people. That will just end up pushing people away. But if God presents an opportunity, we need to grab it.

      As for Actors, that was something I had said out loud, but didn't write. I know they end up wearing make-up. Though I'm unsure if I agree with that, I get that its common in their line of work. My problem is these men on YouTube and in real life who want to do their make-up like girls do.

      Thank you for your thoughts. I'm glad you liked the post. God bless you! :D

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Anything crude, vulgar, profane, and unnecessary will be deleted, so keep that in mind as you comment. I reply to every comment, so make sure to come back to see or check that little box that says notify me. Have a wonderful day! <3

Featured Post

October Writing Challenge!

So, as you can tell by the title, I've come up with a little challenge.  We all struggle with trying to fit writing in with bus...

Popular Posts

Subscribe