Meet Joseph

   So, on the Forth of July, dogs are more likely to bust out of their yards. Before it was even close to being dark, fireworks were already being shot off. I'm very sensitive to this as my dog escaped a couple years ago. We sort of knew the lady who found him, but not well enough for her to know it was our dog. My dog had some sort of tag that people could call so the owners would be alerted.

   We got our dog back and learned her dog escaped. Whenever we would go on walks, her dog would bark at us from the backyard. We could see he was a brown color like peanut butter. So we called him Peanut Butter. We found out his real name (a human name) was the name of my brother, so we always call him Peanut Butter. Unfortunately, he was hit by a car. He recovered and now jumps a six foot fence to get out of his yard and come here.

   When I saw a dog out this past Forth of July, my instinct was to find the owner. We didn't know his name because he didn't have a collar. We walked around, but no one had ever seen this dog, except for that day when he walked around with people. Earlier in the day, he would follow anyone outside.

   We couldn't put him in our backyard for the night as our dog doesn't do well with other dogs. A neighbor took him in and tried to feed him, but he wouldn't eat. Later the next morning, this large dog jumped a six foot fence.

 

   We thought he was pit bull, which terrified me. He might have actually been Chow and Labrador.
   He stayed by our house despite the fact we were inside. He would lay by our front door and peek in to see us.

   We called animal control and the lady came out. She checked for a chip and luckily he had one. However, he was from somewhere about thirty minutes away. When she called, they claimed they were looking for a Mastiff. We figured he was abandoned here.

   Animal control took him where he would be checked up and in seven days if no owner could be found, he'd be put up for adoption. We don't know what has happened to him, only that we sometimes miss him. Though he kind of terrified me, I miss him.

   My little sister named him Joseph. She claimed he seemed like a Joseph and for some odd reason, the name fit.

   The website where his picture should have been posted for adoption never showed him, so I assume his owner was found. The Animal Control lady assured us that the lady who takes care of dogs brought in works really hard to make sure the owners are found before the dog goes up for adoption.

   So, this is the dog I told some of you about. This is Joseph.

   That's all I have to say and if I find out where he ended up, I'll update  y'all.

   God bless y'all. 😁

17 comments:

  1. Aww that's sad :( Poor Joseph, he looks so cute though! :) I hope he finds a good home and everything turns out the best for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so,too. We miss him still and my sister will often randomly talk about him. I just pray he found his family.

      Delete
    2. Me too, these things make me sad. <3 I will pray for that too <3

      Delete
  2. He's so cute! I hope his family found him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. He never showed up on the website, so I'm trying to convince myself that he was found by his family and the info on the microchip was incorrect.

      Delete
  3. He does kind of look like a pit bull from the picture. By George, six feet fence! Some dogs are good escape artists. There are a few in my neighborhood who are always getting loose. Thankfully we've never had that issue with our dogs, that would be so stressful! At least Joseph's safe now. :)

    -Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A six foot fence is tall. It is very stressful. Yes, I'm happy he's safe now. He seemed pretty good-natured. I'm just a little scared of pit bulls. What kind of dogs do you have?

      Delete
    2. I'm not a fan of pit bulls either. Dogs in general used to terrify me, but I love them now. We have a border collie, and my own dog is a collie/samoyed mix. What about yours?

      -Ann

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Sorry, I messed up on that one. Let me try this again. http://iviewrites.blogspot.com/2017/06/please-take-care-of-your-pets.html
      This is a link to a post I had with my dog's picture. He's a beagle-coonhound mix, but probably has some pointer in there, too. He's a hound dog. We rescued him from the shelter and he's about four years old now. He still acts like a puppy sometimes, though.

      In my previous comment, I left a faulty link. Sorry about that. :D

      Delete
    5. Aw, he has a sweet face! Cute dog. :) Our animals are rescues too; they make great pets. Did you get him when he was a puppy?

      -Ann

      Delete
    6. Yeah, but he was just at the end of the puppy phase. He still chewed up stuff, though. My mom wasn't very happy about that. He doesn't chew now, thank goodness. He was about 6-11 months and his ears were too big for his head. He was also scrawnier. Now he's definitely eaten plenty, lol. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think he might have returned to his home, but I don't know. I'll keep checking that website and update you if I see anything different. :D

      Delete
  5. What a darling! I really hope they found his true home, or a family that will love every bit of him! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. He really was a sweetheart.

      Delete
  6. Aww! He's so cute. I hope he's found his family and isn't neglected.
    It's so sad to look at the dogs in my neighborhood because hey always look so bony. You can see their ribs and they look so sad. Is it just me, or at times does it look like they're crying? :\ I dunno...
    God Bless, and I hope everything works out. It's hard when we get attached and have to let go of something. *hugs*
    Joseph does look like a pit bull. Though it's definitely a mix of that and something else.
    He jumped a six foot fence? That's a devoted dog. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Anything crude, vulgar, profane, and unnecessary will be deleted, so keep that in mind as you comment. I reply to every comment, so make sure to come back to see or check that little box that says notify me. Have a wonderful day! <3

Featured Post

I Reached 10,000 Views// Your Questions Answered

*This is super late, but we're going to go with it because life happens and this post took forever to write, so y'all will love ...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe