Writing Wednesday #5: Character Q&A

   If y'all are new, I'm doing a series of character question and answers from characters of my book, Truth Seekers. (Title subject to change.)

   Last time, I did a Q&A of my protagonist, Reagan. If y'all haven't seen that, I recommend you go check that out. Today, I'll be answering questions about one of Reagan's best friends, Peter. But first, here's a little about Peter.

Height: 6'0
Weight: 147
Age: 17
Skills: He can shoot a gun, bow and arrow, and is skilled in self-defense
Favorite Food: Beef
Favorite Drink: Probably water
Career: Student. There's something else, but it would reveal too much
Normal Clothing Type: Jeans, t-shirt
Skin Color: slightly tanned, I guess. Caucasian.
Eye Color: gray
Hair Color: blond, but a dark blond
Favorite Animal: tigers
Favorite Quote: Doesn't have one
Ever been in love: Nope
Likes: Hard work, exploring the outdoors
Dislikes: Hypocrites
Weapon of choice: Gun, probably, if he had to, though he'd rather not have to use it.
Favorite Color: Blue
Talents: Compassion is a talent, right?
Hobbies: hiking
Brief Character Summary: Peter is the other main character, but not as much as Reagan is. He is more outgoing than she is. He can be tough when he needs to be, but is otherwise friendly. He can be spontaneous when it comes to having fun.
   Peter is loyal and brave. He's willing to face whatever danger is thrown in his way. You'd want him on your side in any argument or fight because he'll defend you through it all.


   I asked for more questions and received many great ones. In no particular order, here are the questions.

   LHE asks: 1. What's their worst memory?
                     2. Are they dependent or independent people?
                     3.Are they Christian or will they become Christian?
                     4. What kind of person are they personality wise?

   Peter doesn't have a worst memory I can reveal without giving too much away. Sorry. He is an independent person, but he can easily rely on others if he has to. He can do well on a team or by himself. Peter is a Christian. Most of my characters are. Peter is extroverted, the opposite of Reagan. He likes to be the life of the party. He's very outspoken and can talk to pretty much anyone as if they're already friends.

   GJE asks: 1. What's your full name?
                      2. What's your favorite animal?
                      3. What is your best childhood memory?

   Peter's full name is Peter McGregor. I didn't give him a middle name. I don't think I gave middle names to anyone. I should probably think that up, but it wouldn't be relevant right now. As for his favorite animal, I would say he loves dogs as well. If it was a wild animal, then it would be a zebra. The best childhood memory he has is something that would probably give too much away. It has sentimental meaning in the book. But, it's really sweet.

    Gray Marie asks: 1. What are his hobbies?
                               2. What does he want to be when he's older?
                               3. What is the weirdest thing he ever ate?

   I didn't really give him a hobby. He likes to be outdoors, so hiking maybe? He isn't sure what he wants to do when he's older because life has him busy right now. (Technically, I already picked out his career for later books.) The weirdest thing he ever ate? Now I have to get creative because I've never thought of these things. I'll say sushi. (Sorry sushi lovers.) He didn't like it very much.

    Anna asks: 1. What's your biggest dream?
                       2. What are you most scared of?
                       3. You're happiest moment?
                       4. You're most trusted friend/family member?

   His biggest dream would probably be for the government to stop putting a bunch of regulation on things. He's most scared of losing the people he cares for. His happiest moment would probably be moving back to his home town of Bent Ridge. (Bent Ridge is a made up city in the state I live in, so I haven't said the state yet, but I might eventually.) He trusts Reagan, her family, and his parents the most. He has a trustworthy group of people.

   Thanks, y'all, for the questions. I love how unique and deep the questions really were. That's it for today. God bless y'all. 😁

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! His character was a little harder for me. I do better from a female perspective. (For obvious reasons.) But, I really want him to be a realistic guy. I'll have to do a little better on his character when I go back in for rewrites.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Peter. I like his personality and characteristics. :) I think he may be my favorite. (Don't ask why all my favorite character's are guys. Never mind. I'll answer it, lol. I think it may be because male characters are usually better developed. I love Reagan and I think you're developing her really well. *doing these Q and A's help to really develop the characters. So, you're doing a great job!*) I don't always relate to girl characters and how the author makes them think or what they're always thinking about, but I relate to yours.
    God bless, and thanks for answering my questions. :)
    *I've tried sushi and I don't like it. There's one certain one that isn't so bad to me, but I don't even remember the name. Which therefore means, it's not my favorite. Lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I've never tried sushi. Too chicken to do it. Thank you! I really like doing characters and perfecting them. Girl characters can be whiny and that's why they're harder to relate to, I think, but Reagan's not whiny. I do have a whiny girl, but she's a rich kid and that's just her character.

      God bless you, too. :)

      Delete
    2. You should try it. I suggest the ones with cream cheese, crab meat, and avocado in them. It's the one kid that's good. But I'm never tasting the one with fish eggs on them. NO WAY. *shudder*
      You're very welcome. :) I mean, we can be dramatic and sometimes weird, but we're not THAT whiny. They might be basing the story on their whiny selves. lol
      Different people have different personalities, so there are a lot to choose from when writing. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately, I'm allergic to avocado. Weird, I know. I have some weird food allergies. Unfortunately, avocado's one of them. Kind of a bummer because its so healthy. :(

      Yes, women can be whiny, but some authors are so over the top.

      Delete
    4. You poor thing. I used to not like avocados, but it's not so bad to me now. I like it plain or with diced tomatoes or chili peppers. I'm sorry, I may be making you crave what you can't have.
      Chocolate hates me. *gasps around room* I think it may be the corn syrup in milk chocolate. *sigh*

      A little too over the top. Lol

      Delete
    5. No, don't worry about it. I didn't like avocados much before I developed the allergy. You can't have chocolate? That's so sad. Maybe dark chocolate? I don't think it has corn syrup, but I'm not too sure.

      Delete
    6. Lol, that's good. If you had liked them before, it would be torturous.
      I can have dark chocolate *THANK GOD*(some dar chocolate still gives me bad headaches, but I can have most of it). NO milk chocolate. I remember eating my favorite milk chocolate candy bar. I can't now. *sigh* Dark chocolate is more natural and not mostly artificial like milk chocolate. Dark chocolate actually relives stress. I just found that out.

      Delete
    7. Yeah, I heard dark chocolate is supposed to be healthier. I just love chocolate in general. But I actually like dark chocolate. A lot of people think its bitter. I like it, lol.
      That's cool, it relieves stress. Good thing to know.
      :D

      Delete
    8. A lot of people think it's disgusting. I don't have the slightest idea why. It's so good. lol
      It's like your body can sense the unhealthy ingredients in food and your body rejects it. In the long run, it's good for you.
      Then I'd have to eat chocolate any time I do algebra. *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Aww! I love Peter!!! He sounds like a a sweet kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's going to have a lot of character development.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I'm really excited to read your story!
      I finished my first story (it's actually a short story) last night. I haven't gotten it published or anything, but I wrote it! YAY! <3

      Delete
    3. Your sister was telling me that. Great job! I'm so happy for you. Finishing a story always feels so good. Congratulations!
      <3 <3 <3

      Delete

I have but one rule when it comes to commenting. Don't be messy, but leave good messyges. (If you know where that's from, then you rock. *hands you a virtual rock*)
Thank you for stopping by. I love comments, so leave one for me. <3

The Character Karaoke Tag

I took this tag from Catherine because she said it was free to take. So I did. 😊 Technically you are supposed to thank the person who t...