Writing Wednesday #2: Rebellious Writing

   Hey, y'all. I had a different plan for today, but that's going to wait because this is important. Gray from graymariewrites.blogspot.com started a movement called #Rebelliouswriting and is encouraging readers to rebel against society's standards for books filled with drugs, lust, and smut. I encourage y'all to check out her post before you continue reading mine.

  Definitions:
 Smut
    /smut/
       1. Sex, drugs, alcohol, swearing, or any other misbehavior by teens in a book
       2. A type of writing that authors think is edgy, but really makes the reader want to march to their house and smack them with the book.

Image result for gif of someone being hit in the head with a book

   Now, this will probably be another rant, because who doesn't love a good rant? Part of why I became a writer was because of books I was getting from the library that I would choose to put down once the cussing and other smut riddled the pages. It's annoying and no one wants to read books with such content.

   As teens, we don't want to read that. Society has been pushing that such things are okay, that they're normal. Well, it's not. We just want wholesome reading, something that excites us and takes us on adventures. We don't want all the lust, drugs, sex, and other awful things.

   We don't need anymore Fifty Shades of Gray. Trust me. We don't need people encouraging wrong behavior. We just want books that are pleasant to read. We don't mind romance, but there's no need to take it to the extremes. People need to remember every action has a consequence.

   Now, there might be some of you who read this that don't mind the cussing, the sex, the drugs, the underage drinking, and all the smut in between. Let me ask you something. Do you feel good when you read this? Really think about it. Do any of these books show consequence? No? Well, then rebel.

   We're teenagers and we rebel. But that doesn't mean we need to rebel against our parents. We should rebel against the things we know are wrong.

    I don't usually condone the use of hashtags (because they annoy me to no end), but this is a movement that needs to get up on its feet. We need authors to know that we're tired of the awful things they think are acceptable in teen books. We just want to read without having to be worried about what might be coming ahead on the next page.

   Post on social media using the #Rebelliouswriting, or if you're against the books filled with smut, use the #Rebelliousreading, along with an explanation about the book you're against. If you have a blog, do a post. Read Gray's post for all the details. She's the one who started this movement and this movement can use your help. No help is too small. We can make a difference one post at a time.

   If you don't have social media, no worries. I don't have any other social media, but that hasn't stopped me from speaking out here. Even if you just talk to your friends and family or to other people you know, you're making a difference.

   Remember to stick to your values and we can win this. We can show the world we won't back down. Most importantly, we won't read these terrible books. We're the new generations of authors, writers, and readers. Let's show them the best.

   God bless y'all. 😁
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Well said. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for starting this movement. I'm glad you liked my article. Thanks for your support. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU for your support! If it wasn't for awesome bloggers like you, my movement wouldn't be a movement!

      Delete
  3. Well, thank you. *gives a cheesy smile*
    I really believe in the message and I just pray more people join the movement. We can win this. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that!
    Not only books, but MOVIES! I was watching Anne With An E the other day, and they jumped you with conversations and scenes that get you thinking about wrong things. It made me so mad that they put that part in there. You don't HAVE to put sex and\or underage relationships in a movie. Especially a children's movie. I am so sick by what they started to talk about in the episode. Not only did the people who made the episode, put a part (you know what I'm talkin' about) in the episode, they focused on it and made it 10 times WORSE by making the kids talk about it (in depth. Of course it was in code words, but we all know what they are talking about). The conversation made me so uncomfortable. Those kind of things jump you, and you find yourself just watching or reading on. I changed the episode and decided not to watch the series anymore because I just felt convicted about it. (TIP- if you watch the series once you get to where *SPOILER* Anne starts going to school, once her and her friend look in a window, TURN IT OFF. You know, I suggest that you don't watch the episode at all.
    Sorry, I started to ramble. Lol

    Anyway, you're totally right. Let's all joint together and go against the smut in books. It's horrible. Let's just not read the books. Please, ya'll. I really don't want to be reading all these books with convicting scenes in them. I'm sure you all don't want to either. ;)
    Thanks for the post, Ivie.
    God bless. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. I saw they added that show to Netflix, but thought it looked weird, so we weren't going to watch it. By now, we kind of get the idea when there's a show we're probably not able to watch just by how it looks. Back when we had cable, cartoon network had a lot of shows like that.

      Yes, movies are just as bad and I was thinking about that as well. There are so many bad movies these days with agendas that just aren't right.

      I don't mind the long comments. I'm glad you liked my post. Always follow what your instincts tell you because God gave us those instincts for a reason.

      God bless you, too. <3

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. ;) Wow, that's cool. That would have probably have saved us a lot of trouble. Ugh, cartoon network needs some help.

      I haven't watched Fifty Shades of Gray, but all I need is one guess to know what it's about. Eek. I don't know why people don't see it, I mean it's right out there in the open. It's so crazy what movie producers do to movies with agendas. It's right under people's noses. It's crazy.

      Oh, yeah. I have no intentions of being jumped with all that crap. It's sad how so may things are so messed up. ;\

      Delete
    3. Oh I haven't seen or read Fifty Shades of Gray, either, but I know (basically) what it's about. It's no good and we need to stand up against that garbage.

      Yes, cartoon network does. When I was younger, Ben 10, Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, and a few other cartoons were good, but from what I hear now ... why even bother?

      I mean, they turned Teen Titans into something horrible. I just don't understand people these days, lol.

      That was a little off topic, lol, sorry. Yes, so many things are being messed up with agendas that Hollywood wants to put out.

      Delete
    4. I haven't either. Thank GOD! I heard it's very inappropriate.
      I know, right?! I mean, it's crazy what people put in those shows. I think cartoon network started out as an adult channel. I wouldn't doubt it.

      I don't remember Teen Titans, but I wouldn't doubt that they'd poison it (in a manner of speaking). me neither, but people are getting so sick. The only thing we can do is witness to people and pray for them. No matter who they are.

      Lol, no problem. Hollywood is getting....strange. I mean strange, strange.
      God bless you. <3

      Delete
    5. When my great-grandfather died we were cleaning out his house and I found a Fifty Shades of Grey book on his bookshelf, he was a Christian, so I assume that someone gave it to him as a gift when it was popular before they read it and he just never got around to reading it... at least, I hope. :/
      But there's not much we can do about it, we threw away the book though.

      Delete
    6. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure he did what he felt was right. I'm not going to say anyone who's read the book is a lost cause or isn't worthy because God calls us all worthy in His eyes. So even if he did read it, I'm not sure that would have prevented his access to Heaven. It sounds like he did his best to live a good, God-honoring life and that's what counts. Some Christians may have even read the book as more of a survey (does that make sense?) to see what they were fighting against.

      Personally, I don't plan to read/watch Fifty Shades of Grey out of knowing that the content isn't something to promote or celebrate. But that's my personal preference. I would discourage people from reading it, but I won't condemn anyone who has as that as between them and God.

      God bless. <3 :)

      Delete
    7. I'm so sorry about your Grandfather, Gray. Hey, no matter what we read or say God will never stop loving us or anything, if that's what you're worried about. Again, I'm sorry about your grandfather. I get panicky when I think of my life without my grandparents. I start thinking of them...you know...and I start getting really, really worried. I gave it to God, and I put them in his hands, knowing that they are covered with the blood of Jesus. The enemy can take our body, but I won't let them have my soul. I believe the rapture will happen before any I or my family die. I believe so. Prayer is a powerful, powerful thing.
      Whatever we do, is between God and us, like Ivie said. No matter what, we will be judged according to our own lives. Not our parents, our friends, or our grandparents. Just our own selves.
      We all love you, Gray. <333

      Delete
    8. Thanks. I know that one is not condemned by just one bad book, I just hope my great grandfather never had the displeasure of reading such trash.

      Delete
    9. By what you told us about him, I don't believe he would. When your a Christian, your spirit convicts you. A lot of times, it's a lot to bear. Just hope that he didn't. I mean, that's all we can do.
      We love you. <3

      Delete
    10. Exactly. We can have hope he didn't, but even if he did, its really none of our business. However, some people may read the book to observe. (I think I may have already said that. So original of me, lol.) But, when it comes down to it, you weren't tempted to read it. You threw it away. That's what's important now.
      God bless you. <3

      Delete
  5. YEEESSS. This movement is making me so happy! Unclean books have made me angry for the longest time and even stopped me from reading as much as I used to. YA is especially littered with stuff like that. We need clean books! It's not that we don't want them to be realistic, but we don't need books that glorify and encourage sin.

    <3
    audrey caylin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly. Books these days are only getting worse than they used to be.

      Thank you for stopping by. I really love your blog. :)

      Delete
  6. I was reading an Agatha Christie book aloud to my mom one time and I stopped short when one of the characters used a cuss word. Now, it wasn't a teen that said it or necessarily a teen book, but I have trouble finding books that are my reading level. I remember not looking at the book for about a month and half afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Maggie.
      I'm sorry about that book. Unfortunately, people like to add cuss words or other foul behavior to make things seem edgier or more with the times. We're trying to change that one blog post, social media post, and even one conversation at a time.
      I can sympathize with having a hard time finding books at your reading level. I had a hard time doing that, myself. I was out of the juvenile, but all YA books were inappropriate.

      Hopefully your search becomes easier. I have a list on my blog of books if you'd like to check them out. I'm hoping to update frequently as I read more and more clean books.

      God bless. <3

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Anything crude, vulgar, profane, and unnecessary will be deleted, so keep that in mind as you comment. I reply to every comment, so make sure to come back to see or check that little box that says notify me. Have a wonderful day! <3

Featured Post

I Reached 10,000 Views// Your Questions Answered

*This is super late, but we're going to go with it because life happens and this post took forever to write, so y'all will love ...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe