The Wrong Way To Use The Bible

   When a website you really like does something you don't like and you can't comment because the comment section does something weird, what do you do? You rant about it on your own blog, of course.

   Yesterday, I went on to The Rebelution, a website that tries to get teens to fight against the low standards of society. I know some of y'all have heard of it. This website always talked about faith and trusting God. It was a website I trusted. Until yesterday.

   Now, this next part I'm going to say, we might not agree on and that's okay. But the article I read was about climate change. Personally, I don't believe climate change is a real thing. This article was trying to tie Bible verses to proving climate change and that's not okay. The Bible is the Word of God. We shouldn't use it to push our own agendas.

  The article talked about how President Donald Trump pulled out of the Paris Agreement. The writer of the article, which I won't name here, started to praise former president Obama for what he said about climate change.

   Then, this person made a list of steps we, as teens, need to take. Unfortunately, this wasn't a teen spreading his own a opinion. The man was in his thirties and he's trying to influence teens in the wrong way. Y'all know I advocate thinking for yourself and forming your own opinions.

   The first step he gave was to recognize climate change was real and man made. Look, we do have an impact on the environment we live in, but ultimately, God controls the climate, not us. He controls the weather. Some years are hotter and some years are colder. It just depends. He went on to talk about the 97% of scientists who have proven it to be real. Yeah, that's not scientists across the board, that's 97% of scientists who take federal funding. If their money is coming from the government, who wants them to find that climate change is real, what do you think they're going to say?

   The next step he gave was to study the Scripture for clarity. He puts Bible verses in there to prove his point, but they didn't prove his point. He was grasping at air. He uses Psalm 24:1-2, which states the earth is the Lord's. How does that prove his point? This guy tries to use other verses, especially some about the end times, which is a little fear mongering, if you ask me.

   The last step he gives is what you can do to get involved. Now, I'm all about being a good steward of the earth. We turn off lights in our house that aren't in use. We recycle. We take care of our environment. A lot of people do.

   What made me mad is the fact that this guy uses God's inspired word to push his own agenda. If someone wants to believe in climate change, let them. I don't care if they believe in it or don't. I care when you're using God's Word for your own selfish reasons. Most of God's Word is plain and simple. Other parts are poetic. But there isn't a commandment that says,"Thou shalt prevent climate change." Jesus never gave a parable about that either.

   On that note, I'll end this here. I ranted long enough for y'all. Like I said, I don't care if someone believes in climate change. I care about the misuse of God's Word.

   Tell me in the comments below what you think about climate change. Do you think this guy should have used the Bible to push his own agenda?

   God bless y'all. 😀

16 comments:

  1. Climate change is a joke among me and my friends, a quick google search even shows that the world wide temperature hasn't change drastically enough over eighty years to even begin a climate change.

    I think that maybe that guy really did believe in climate change and really thought the Bible supported it, nevertheless, they shouldn't have allowed him to post something like that on a Christian blog for teens. Although, most of those teens are probably public schooled and all of my public schooled friends believe in climate change because that's what's taught. It's still not okay. I'm going to check it out, I've only been on that website a few times in the past and I liked what I saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think he believed it. I don't mind that. I just don't like a misuse of the Bible. To me, it is a joke. It isn't real and you can find a lot of sources to disprove it.

      I just don't think, like you said, a website used to promote Christian teens' faith should try and force something that's about opinion.
      <3

      Delete
  2. That's really sad, especially when politics and popular media ideas come into play. The Rebelution website has made me cringe sometimes. I feel like the high expectations are sliding lower, it's honestly a constant fight to keep them high and not contort to pop culture pleasing and youth demand.Thanks for bringing this to light Ivie! It's really important and it held my attention as this is an issue I have myself noticed. I loved the way you explained the "climate change" issue, we seem to hold the exact same views here.

    God Bless You <3

    Anna - www.worldthroughherheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really disheartening. I really hope more people understand this. I'm glad we have the same views about this. I wasn't sure how this was going to go because I know climate change and politics in general can be a bit touchy.

      God bless you, too
      <3

      Delete
  3. I also believe that climate change is a bunch of hogwash.

    What really is laughable is when scientists a) try to disprove historical events in the Bible, despite the fact that there is extensive documentation in other cultures of the exact same event (e.g. the Deluge or Flood) and b) wind up proving a Biblical truth (e.g. that we are all descendants of Adam and Eve) and STILL try to tie it to evolution.

    Unfortunately, it is so ingrained into our educational system that a lot of people are really misguided when it comes to this stuff. Even major political and religious leaders mistake it for stewardship.

    Remember also that Satan tried to use Our Lord's words against Him when He was in the desert for 40 days, and look how that turned out.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love when the hypocrites disprove their own arguments. I've heard of other cultures during the time of Jesus reporting of Jesus' existence even though they never met of Him.

      The education system these days is a bunch of crap. (Pardon my french.)
      Many people are mistaking climate change for something that it's not. Yes, we need to take care of the environment, but not act like the weather changing being a man made thing. God made the weather.

      Delete
    2. oops, I forgot the heart at the end.
      <3
      God bless.

      Delete
  4. This is so sad. I think it's terrible how selfish people get when trying to push their own agendas. Even if they're right (or even partially right), some try to manipulate your decisions! *cringes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very sad. I think they should reevaluate what's allowed on the website.
      <3

      Delete
  5. Y'all, I just looked at my post from a different webpage that wasn't google chrome and realized the smiley doesn't look the same as it does on google. My mind had been blown. Totally off topic and totally unimportant. But seriously, this is one of my favorite emoji's and it looks weird.

    Anyway, God bless y'all.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's...eeh. I think that if you believe that the Bible is true, then you most certainly will not distort God's words.
    Romans 16:17-20 is a prime example of what the Bible tells us about this sort of thing. (It may be a little extreme for this case...that's for you to decide.) I really don't know what I think. I mean, I do not believe in the Greenhouse effect, nor the global warming issue. I believe that the earth was perfectly even and perfect in climate. There was a canopy over the earth, stopping the suns harmful rays from hitting us (we still have the atmosphere, but now there's cancer, aging *people lived for hundreds of years. Seriously, ya'll*, and also wrinkles. Lol). After the fall...years and years...then came the flood. Noah and his fam of 8. Then it said that the fountains of the great deep broke open. Canopies from above the earth did also break, letting more sunlight in and making the temps hotter. So....(it made sense to me, but I can be confusing and am known to go in circles), sin is the cause to the huge change of climate. Sin is what caused the flood, which then broke open fountains of the deep and canopies over the earth. Now, climates all crazy up. *sigh*
    Great post! I mean, my whole rant above is what I believe and hopefully that's what we were talking about...Lol Anyway, if we're gonna use God's word, then we better use it right. We'll be twisting God's words and truths otherwise. I mean, accidents happen, and maybe the guy didn't mean to do what he did and got confused. *shrugs shoulders* Who knows. I mean, we'd have to know him personally to really know for sure. If he's twisting things, then he needs to straighten up.
    God bless, ya'll. Hope I didn't offend anyone, but that is what I believe. Someone else could say it better than I did, but that's the main part of it. Love ya'll! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you make a point. The climate obviously did change after the Flood, but that was of God's doing, not man's. That's what I'm trying to say. I don't believe in global warming, global cooling, or climate change, but I don't think less of you if you do.

      I was trying to say this guy believed in it completely, but the information he used was faulty and he twisted God's word for his own agenda. I don't want people using the Bible in wrong ways to push their own opinions. There is one truth only.

      No one's offended here. We all have our own beliefs.
      <3

      Delete
    2. I mean God let it happen because of free will, but we brought it upon ourselves. (Well, Adam and Eve did). I'm not saying that ever time we sin, God makes the climate hotter, I'm just saying that when sin came into the world, it wrecked us. I hope this doesn't sound rude! *bites lip*
      Goodness. I mean, if you're gonna use God's word, then good for you! Just don't twist it like that guy did. One truth that lasts an eternity. Only one.
      <3

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I think after the flood, the whole climate did change in a sense that we had different seasons. You're not sounding rude. You're stating what you believe.
      However, I will say when you look at temperature averages across the board, a span of a few years back to now, you'll find that there isn't much difference.
      Some people still believe there is and like I said before, that's their opinion. I don't care about that. I care about the twisting of the Bible and the way he used the verses. They really didn't back his claim, either.
      One truth will last for eternity. You're right.
      <3

      Delete
    4. I'm glad for that. :)
      That's sad that people will try to influence others to do what they want them to do by using the Bible. It's crazy what people will do to get their point across.
      God Bless! <3

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Anything crude, vulgar, profane, and unnecessary will be deleted, so keep that in mind as you comment. I reply to every comment, so make sure to come back to see or check that little box that says notify me. Have a wonderful day! <3

Featured Post

I Reached 10,000 Views// Your Questions Answered

*This is super late, but we're going to go with it because life happens and this post took forever to write, so y'all will love ...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe