Angel Eyes Book Review

   I rate books on a five star system. One star is bad and five stars is the best. Opinions are my own and you might find that you have a different opinion should you read the book. While I do not take requests, I ask that you recommend books so I can have an idea of books that might be a worthwhile read to review here. Thank you and enjoy! :)

   Hey, y'all
   It's Friday. The best day of the week in my opinion. So today, I'm reviewing a book I've enjoyed and have read three times so far. Angel Eyes by Shannon Dittemore. I have the trilogy and will be doing each book in the coming months. For now, I'm just reviewing the first book as it is my favorite in the series. I will do my best to keep spoilers to a minimum. Here is the back of the book description:

   Brielle went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She's come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt ... and an incredible, numbing cold she can't seem to shake.

   Jake's the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption.

  Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what's going to happen. And a beauty brighter than either Brielle and Jake has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in the realm where all human choices begin.

  A realm that only angels and demons - and Brielle - can perceive.

   Okay, so sounds entertaining, so far, right? So the book begins with a prologue that seemed kind of out of place at first, but as you continue reading, it kind of intertwines within the book There is some odd detail placed here and there along with little sayings that I didn't understand.

   The description is amazing and you feel what the main character feels. You can feel the setting and pretty much picture it as it is described amazingly. 

   There is insta-love. Some of you might find this annoying and some of you might not. Of course, there's a reason behind it, but revealing that would spoil and good chunk of the book, so I won't say why. It makes a little bit of sense for the book and doesn't really bother me all that much. I mean, I like when relationships are built up a little more, but given the circumstance of the book, I get it.

   One thing that somewhat annoyed me is that the teens didn't seem to talk like teens all the time. Wording and thoughts weren't exactly what most teens speak or think, but you can pretty much overlook all that as it adds to the effect of the book.

   Jake just doesn't seem very real sometimes. He kind of seems without flaws and is very mature for his age. Given his backstory, that is understandable. Of course, the lack of flaws could be because of the focus on Brielle.

   Humor in the book will make you smile and maybe laugh out loud. Brielle's father says a lot of funny things, as does Jake at times. 

   There are about three different points of view with an afterword in Jake's point of view. However, every point of view that's not Brielle's or Jake's is written in third person, but the transition flows just fine.

   Now, the book does have some dark underlying themes and there is obviously some romance, but no smut. I don't read smut. So, I suggest if you get scared easily you may not want to read this book at night. I've read it at night and I do scare easily, but near the middle to end there is more violence. It's nothing super bad, but the message is powerful. And what she's talking about is a bad thing, so don't get me wrong on that.
  
  All in all, this is a good book and a worthwhile read. I could have finished it in three days the first time I read it, but I was trying to spread it out. Also, I read fast, so that may not apply to you. I'm just a very fast reader. 

I give this book: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Four stars for description, imagery, and character build. The plot is great, too. This book is a worthwhile read. 

   Thanks y'all, for the encouragement you've given me and the positive comments you've left me. They make my day. See y'all Monday for Motivation Monday. 

God Bless y'all 😁

11 comments:

  1. It sounds good, I love the cover! Very eye-catching.
    My friends and I actually review books on a blog, if you want to check it out it's at: anythingnovelsociety.blogspot.com
    There are lots of good suggestions on there that might interest you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'll check it out. Sounds like a fun blog. Thanks for the suggestion!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I LOVE Fridays. Especially when you post book reviews. This was great, Ivie. :)
    Okaaaaaay, I have LOTS of books, so....I'll narrow it down to a few suggestions:
    -Left Behind (kids) by Jerry B Jenkins *all 40 book series. Don't worry! They aren't very long books*
    -Crooked River by Shelley Pearsall
    -Dreamhouse Kings series by Robert Liparulo
    -Chronicals of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
    -Okaaay...here's a movie that I LOVE. Sorry, I know you wanted book suggestions, but i love this too much. Okay, here it is: A Street Cat Named Bob. It's my FAVORITE. It has a book too. I haven't read it, but i'm sure it'll be one of my favs as well. Lol
    God Bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the review. Thank you for the recommendations. Thankfully, I still have about eight books to review. God bless :)

      Delete
    2. Your welcome. <3
      Oh, Wow! Well, hey, whatever review you do will be great. <3
      God bless you. ;)
      Romans 12

      Delete
  4. Sounds cool! I'll read it sometime soon. ;D
    You should do a book review on Jake and Lily by Jerry Spinelli and the Dreamhouse Kings series by Robert Liparulo. Those are all I can think of right now. Lol. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it. Thank you for the suggestions. :)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! :)

      Delete
  5. Must read! Do you still look for book suggestions? I'm sure I have a few!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I still do. My TBR list is very short. If you have anything in mind, please share. I'm going back to the library at the end of the week and need some things to look out for. :D

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited to read Angel Eyes book review finally get,Thank you for sharing post. http://aazae.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my post. Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. Anything crude, vulgar, profane, and unnecessary will be deleted, so keep that in mind as you comment. I reply to every comment, so make sure to come back to see or check that little box that says notify me. Have a wonderful day! <3

Featured Post

I Reached 10,000 Views// Your Questions Answered

*This is super late, but we're going to go with it because life happens and this post took forever to write, so y'all will love ...

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe